“All models are wrong, but some are useful”
Fourth Element specialises in modelling surface water processes in support of land development initiatives, impact studies, detailed design requirements, feasibility studies and planning. We are competent in the use of comprehensive software for the modelling of complex hydrological, hydraulic and environmental systems. We also have extensive experience in model calibration.
…so we develop and apply models to suit the application. And we make them useful…
We don’t just supply model output. We provide detailed analysis of the results and adapt models as necessary to find solutions.
Some of the software used in modeling systems:
- PCSWMM (Urban stormwater networks, 1D & 2D)
- InfoWorks ICM (River and urban drainage networks, 1D & 2D)
- MUSIC (SUDS, LID & WSUDS modelling)
- ISIS (1D-hydrodynamic modelling)
- GoldSim (systems modelling)
- ACRU (water resources modelling)
- AutoCAD Civil 3D (terrain modelling)
- ArcGIS & QGIS (terrain, environmental sensitivity & spatial risk analysis)
- HEC-Ras (1D-hydrodynamic modelling)